A Unique Candidate for Our Special County.
Leah Hampton is not a politician, a lawyer, or a big business owner.
She is a native Carolinian, an educator, and an average citizen, just like you.
It’s time for a change in Haywood County. We need new, diverse voices in county government, and a commission that reflects our changing community.
JOIN LEAH AND HELP HAYWOOD COUNTY LOOK TO THE FUTURE!
- Born and raised in the Carolinas
- Educated at Western Carolina University
- Lived in WNC most of her life, in Waynesville for ten years
- Extensive work experience in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors
- Self employed, with excellent business and management skills
- Proud daughter of a military family
- Lifelong Democrat
- If elected, would be only the second woman ever to serve on Haywood’s board of commissioners
EDUCATION, supporting schools and community colleges, expanding early childhood/pre-K access
ENVIRONMENT and protecting our mountains, preserving our natural resources and parks
MODERNIZATION and bringing 21st century opportunities to the county, such as improved internet access and clean jobs
PUBLIC HEALTH and wellness, especially with regard to Covid-19
RESPONSIBLE SPENDING and investment of your tax dollars to grow community resources
QUALITY OF LIFE for local citizens, especially young people
Leah is not fundraising for her campaign.
She is a citizen candidate and does not accept donations or gifts.
She just wants your VOTE!!
Paid for by the Committee to Elect Leah Hampton, PO Box 111, Waynesville, NC 28786